Music Together® is:
• A community of babies, toddlers, preschoolers and their parents/caregivers singing, drumming, marching, chanting, twirling, wiggling, shaking, tapping, and moving to music.
• Powerful music learning in a relaxed, fun, playful, non-performance-oriented setting, with developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
• Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment—regardless of their own musical abilities.
• A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of both original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
• A whole lot of PURE FUN every week!
Music Together was developed and piloted right here in Essex County (at the Montclair Cooperative School) and first offered to the public in Princeton, NJ over 25 years ago. Our curriculum, recordings, and publications have won awards and are recognized as the "gold standard" of early childhood music education around the world. So much more more than "Mommy & Me" classes, Music Together provides a true family music experience, as siblings can attend the "Mixed Age" classes together. We also offer "Babies Only" classes specially designed for infants from birth through eight-months, which give not only rich musical experiences for babies' developing brains but also invaluable information for the babies' parents/caregivers about music development and child development. Perhaps most importantly, we make sure that the adults have as much fun as the children, all while doing the very important work of ensuring that each child develops into the music-maker she or he was born to be.